Wednesday, May 9

Life less Ordinary


 
Facing the public, I fear
And it all started from there
With a bold dream to conquer
An intellectual fighter

With hope, I start my journey
Of wit and audacity
Seven minutes, my speech shall take;
With a hard stand, I shall make.

I speak on behalf of them,
Whose justice is but a dream.
For those oppressed and helpless,
Every round won’t be pointless.

I will bluff when I need to
To convince them, I must do
In defending what I know,
It’s a chance I must not blow.

Matter, method and manner
As my weapon and armor
Aided by Athena’s wisdom,
Shall I stand in the podium?

“Hear, Hear!” That’s what I should hear,
It boosts me to hear that cheer.
“Shame, shame!” to a speech so lame,
Faulty logic is to blame.

I clap at those who beat me,
Proud to lose honorably,
Debate, you’re a vagary,
A life less ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment